08 Oct We are Hiring!
Please apply via Indeed – click here to apply.
Here are the details:
Job Title: Haverhub Bar Manager
Hours: Various evenings and weekends: Initially 7pm till 2am Wednesday and Friday plus 2 extra hours to cover all other duties (16 hours a week plus up to 12 extra hours as required) Location: HaverHub, The Old Post Office, Quay Street, Haverfordwest, Pembs, SA61 1BG. Responsible to: Board of Directors Salary: £10,400 plus extra hours at £12.50ph.
Leave Entitlement: 90 hours a year (5.6 weeks including bank holidays)
HaverHub is a Community Interest Company reviving Haverfordwest’s town centre through a diverse range of local community-led projects, events, and activities.
The HaverHub HQ is currently being renovated to provide a large venue available to rent, a community cafe, hot-desking and office space to help facilitate local business growth, contributing to building a resilient community. HaverHub is a facility run by the community, for the community. For further details please see our website.
This is a unique opportunity to play an integral part in the running of events, supporting the income of the CIC. Reporting to the BOD, the Bar Manager will play a crucial role in the smooth running of one-off Events and weekly live music events.
Bar Manager Job Description
We are searching for a committed, proactive Bar Manager who would enjoy work in an exciting, ever-changing environment. The Bar Manager will promote and grow the business, hire and train staff, and ensure that patrons are receiving excellent drinks, and service. You will also manage inventory and resources, assist in the planning of promotional events, ensure that quality and safety controls are followed, maintain current licenses and update vendor contracts, create schedules, and assist in setting business objectives to increase profits and maximize customer satisfaction. You should also be able to work with diverse personalities and diffuse tense situations.
In order to succeed as a Bar Manager, you should be observant and have the ability to think critically and efficiently. You should be a skilled communicator with excellent problem solving, observation, and interpersonal skills.
Bar Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the business aspects of the bar, such as keeping a current liquor license, negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
- Hiring and training staff to provide excellent service to patrons.
- Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that the bar is well staffed during peak times.
- Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
- Working with diverse personalities both on the staff and patrons.
- Planning and taking part in promotional events.
- Diffusing tense situations between patrons or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
- Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for patrons.
- Working up to 12 extra hours a week as required by varied events calendar at £12.50ph
- Person Specification Essential
- Bar or Bar Restaurant management experience.
- Strong understanding of business management and accounting principles.
- Excellent problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and bank holidays.
- Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
- Ability to walk, stand, and occasionally carry heavy items in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Commitment to the values and ethos of HaverHub, which relies heavily on the goodwill of volunteers and supporters.
- Welsh-speaking and written ability
- Experience of running a team or managing staff
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £10,400.00 to £12,000.00 /year
- Bar Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire (Preferred)
DEADLINE – 12 NOON 13 OCTOBER