Haverhub will be open year-round, seven days a week* to provide space for people to meet, socialise and partake in activities during daytimes and evenings.
Our team noticed that Haverfordwest was lacking a central hub where community activities could take place, so we decided to fill that gap, creating space at Haverhub for groups to base themselves and grow from.
Clubs and classes are not usually run by Haverhub itself. While we may set up and run some, mostly we want you, the community, to approach us with your ideas. From there we can book your group into a slot, and the space is yours.
We want to provide a versatile place for the community to utilise, and to regenerate the town in a way which suits its people. Regular clubs, classes and activites will offer something for everyone and help create a lively centre buzzing with people of all ages and interests.
If you’d like to run something, we want to hear from you!
Haverhub is suitable for small, medium and large gatherings, and we invite anyone who wants to establish a new group, class or club to get in touch. We also want to hear from existing groups or organisations who need a venue either temporarily or permanently.
Some potential ideas for clubs, groups or classes at Haverhub include, but are not limited to:
- Exercise – yoga, dance, fitness classes, martial arts
- Arts – craft for children, life drawing, painting, drink and draw, art clubs, exhibitions
- Music – workshops, group lessons, community performances, practise spaces
- Parenting – parent and toddler classes, holiday clubs, playgroups, storytelling
- Books – reading, creative writing, peer-review sessions, poetry
- Games – chess, bridge, board games, dungeons and dragons
- Skills – gardening, cookery, carpentry
- Performance – drama, physical theatre, improvisation, musical theatre, scriptwriting
- Educational – training, language classes, lectures, debating
Haverhub can also be used as a rendezvous point for groups wanting a place to set off from or end up at after an event, for things like cycling, walking, kayaking and running groups or motorbike clubs. We also welcome groups who need occasional rather than regular use, such as big family gatherings, parties, celebrations and one-off events. Catering can be included in venue hire.
All Haverhub users are encouraged to become members and receive benefits, advantages on future bookings and help us tailor the center to suit our customers’ needs. Bookable rooms range in price depending on size, with discounts for block bookings and not-for-profit organisations.
We ask for relevant qualifications and insurances where appropriate to ensure clubs and classes are run safely and successfully. Haverhub is a fully inclusive venue, and welcomes multigenerational, multicultural and diverse clientele. We are also disability friendly, with disabled access to most of our hirable spaces.
*with exceptions for certain periods like Christmas and New Year, when opening hours may vary.